Volunteers are the lifeblood of SMO. We have over 80 people giving their time each year.
Why should you serve at SMO? Here are a few reasons:
- You will build skills that you may not presently possess
- You will make some great new friends
- Great resume builder!
- If you are unemployed, volunteering will give you meaning and purpose (not to mention building your resume) while you seek employment
There are several places to serve:
- Help in the office
- Sort & organize The Closet
- Child care providers for parent workshops and classes
- Help us plan a special event – we host two kinds of events: single parent events and fundraising events
- Provide a service to a single parent family – we love handymen, hair stylists, computer experts, tutors, babysitters, dentists, massage therapists…do you have a service you can give to a single parent?
Some activities are ongoing and some are short-term projects. No matter what your time availability, we can find something for you. Contact us today!